Saturday, December 17, 2011

[Meme] TBR Intervention Week #9


The TBR (To Be Read) Intervention Challenge is a weekly challenge hosted by Books4JulietWhatever You Can Sill Betray and Refracted Light.

The following information is posted on Refracted Light's blog:

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice–EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.

Here are the rules:

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).

2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.

3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.

4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

Last Week's TBR:

I still haven't finished Archon. It is such a complicated read it feels almost like work to read it. It's good, but just takes a lot of focus to concentrate. I will finish it this week for sure.


This Week's TBR:

So...what to do this week? I know I am finally going to finish Archon. That's my main goal. Other than that I have one review due around the 27th for Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly so that's my second goal (although I'm not sure how I feel about any more angel related books right now... That's all I'm aiming for this week. With my last week of work before holidays and an upcoming Calculus exam on January 7th I'm not thinking much beyond that or my brain might liquefy...


These books are my goals for this week's TBR Intervention Challenge.

What are yours?




6 comments:

  1. Hi -- Thanks for stopping by my blog even though I -- duh-- can't even spell my own name correctly.
    Good luck with that calculus exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel books always scare me a little: I think they're the most difficult paranormal thing to write about! I'm glad Archon is okay for the most part, even if sometimes it feels like you're trying to decipher the book instead of reading it.

    I hate it when I'm trying to get away from life and the book I choose ends up being more complicated than life itself! But anyway, I hope you'll finish Archon and will enjoy Angel Burn. The cover's pretty... perhaps it's lighter and more entertaining, no? ;)

    Happy reading! Have a nice week(end)

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading an upcoming release that is an angel book, On a Dark Wing. I look forward to what you think of yours. Complicated is not a bad thing, I know, but I do have to be in the right frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Archon and Angel Burn! I have a copy of Angel Burn that I've had since June that I really need to start. So I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it. Best of luck with work, TBRIC, the holidays and that Calc exam. I hate math, which is totally why I was a history major in college. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holiday season will be a very busy one and it's either we get lots of time reading or none at all.... good luck with your exams and with Archon! I hope you'll get some time to finish the book, plus the Angel Burn. ;)

    Xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah,one's brain is always in danger of liquefaction when it comes to Calculus... and one's nose might be in danger of bleeding when something is quite complicated to read.

    I hope you enjoy Angel Burn. It's a good read and her hair reminds me of Rapunzel's in Tangled.

    ReplyDelete