Tuesday, December 6, 2011

[Meme] Teaser Tuesday - December 6 2011


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like    your teasers!

"I'm sorry I pissed you off this morning. I don't know what got into me. I could hear myself talking but I couldn't seem to stop the words from coming out."

This teaser is from Dead Politician Society by Robin Spano. It is a murder mystery (which is not my typical read) and takes place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (where I currently live). It's pretty exciting to recognize a lot of the places as I read along.

~When the mayor keels over dead in the middle of a speech, a clandestine student society immediately takes credit for his demise. Their mission is to create a perfect political system by any means at their disposal. Clare Vengel, a rookie officer fresh from the police academy and beyond bored with her routine as a beat cop, volunteers to go undercover as a student to infiltrate the secretive organization. A streetwise amateur mechanic, Clare takes a dim view of book smarts—she is of the opinion that higher education is for people who can't handle the real world. In short order, she alienates a popular professor and begins to lose the respect of her police superiors. Soon, another politician is killed, and Clare steps up her clandestine involvement with the suspect students. When two more politicians die, the race begins to apprehend the culprits before her own duplicity can be revealed.~

Share your teaser with me!

7 comments:

  1. I love when book are set in Canada :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is definitely not your average teaser you see on tuesday! lol. But it is very intriguing! and I love how it takes place in Toronto! :) Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always on the lookout for a good mystery and this sounds interesting.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie - This one is great, it shows subway stations and everything!

    Jacquelynne - Yeah I agreed to read this for a tour when I first started blogging and was taking as much as I was offered. It's not bad, it's just not really my thing.

    Mirka - You might like this then. It is interesting I'll give it that.

    Thanks for stopping by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. Have definitely gone through that before LOL

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book! Great teaser. Here's mine

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds god! Thanks for the teaser:)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-december-6th.html

    ReplyDelete